Imagine you had an important meeting or you were suppose to give a very important presentation and you forgot to carry your hard drive/USB drive along with you. Wish you could access your files without carrying a laptop or an external hard drive or a Pen Drive!!
An online hard disk which can be accessed from any part of the world. Yes what you just read is true and its not expensive.
Well we live in 2012 and anything and everything is possible.
All you need is a domain name and a hosting service.
You do not have to be the “Tech Guy” to have one of this. You can have a online hard drive in very few steps at very affordable rates.
1. Visit www.tigerdomainz.com
2. Purchase a domain name “.com” “.co” “.me” “.ws” or any other. Add it to your cart.
3. Click on the HOSTING button. Here you can choose the space you want to rent and the price as well. Add it to your cart.
After you have purchased a domain name and a hosting account login to your account.
4. Please read Hosting setup instructions for step by step instructions on setting it up. (or call our 24/7 Support 480-624-2500)
5. Once it is setup it may take upto 24 Hours for you to start using it.
Now once everything is setup you now have an “ONLINE HARD DRIVE”.
In Windows 7/Vista/XP : Open My Computer and type in your domain name with “ftp” instead of “www”
eg. ftp.yourdomain.com in the address area.
A window will pop up asking for your username and password.
Enter the data and there you go you have your hard drive which you can access 24/7 from any part of the world.
You can use it just like a drive. Create folders copy and paste files and folders from your computer to your online drive.
You can also use other FTP Software’s.
FileZilla is an Open Source (GNU/GPL) FTP client for Windows, Mac OS X and GNU/Linux. Its free of cost to download.